NLDP Application Form – Cohort Xll
The Neighborhood Leadership Development Program (NLDP)
The NLDP is an eleven month, sixteen session leadership training program for engaged community leaders. The program is designed for residents of Cleveland or its Inner Ring Suburbs who are actively involved in improving the neighborhoods of Cleveland. Since 2006, the Neighborhood Leadership Development Program has worked to enhance the leadership abilities of engaged community leaders. The NLDP is sponsored by the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation and currently has over 200 graduates.
- Are passionate and committed leaders currently engaged in neighborhood improvement, compelled to action, and have already dedicated their time and efforts toward the betterment of their community and/or city.
- Commit to participate actively and fully in every NLDP program session, including the sharing of pertinent information. NLDP has a 100% attendance policy. Please review the curriculum schedule dates thoroughly to confirm your availability.
- Commit to exploring new solutions for making neighborhood progress and accept NLDP’s invitation and opportunity for self-reflection through the leadership coaching services offered to all NLDP participants.
- Are ready to move forward with an existing project or idea that improves their neighborhood and recognizes the potential benefits of NLDP to them and their work.
- Agree to attend a half-day Racial Equity Training workshop during the course of the program before NLDP Session 11 which takes place in March of 2019. This workshop is a complimentary training provided by Cleveland Neighborhood Progress.
Applications may be submitted online at www.nldpcleveland.com, via email to Yuolanda Murray at email@example.com, faxed to: 216-436-2172, or mailed or delivered to the NLDP office located in the Mandel Community United Way Building at 1331 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 pm on Friday August 3, 2018.
Selected applicants will be invited to an interview to further discuss their interest in becoming a participant in Cohort XII. All applicants must attend an interview in order to be eligible for selection. NLDP attempts to provide an opportunity for all applicants to interview. If you have questions about NLDP, visit www.nldpcleveland.com or call 216-776-6167.
Applications will be evaluated based upon an applicant’s demonstrated degree of dedication to improving Cleveland neighborhoods, a clear indication of his or her passion for an existing community improvement project or idea, and whether he/she shows a willingness to learn and has an openness to further developing their leadership skills. Applications must be complete and accurate to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
NLDP strongly recommends that all applicants review both the curriculum dates and topics before applying. The curriculum can be found at www.nldpcleveland.com or you may contact the NLDP office for a copy.
Cohort XII Application Period: May 1, 2018 – August 3, 2018
NLDP Cohort Xll - Application