NLDP Application Form – Cohort XlV
The Neighborhood Leadership Development Program (NLDP)
The NLDP is a program of the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation and currently has over 250 graduates. The NLDP is an eleven month, sixteen session leadership training program for engaged community leaders. The program is designed for residents of Cleveland or its Inner Ring Suburbs who are actively involved in improving the neighborhoods of Cleveland. Since 2006, the Neighborhood Leadership Development Program has worked to enhance the leadership abilities of engaged community leaders.
- Are passionate and committed leaders currently engaged in neighborhood improvement, compelled to action, and have already dedicated their time and efforts toward the betterment of their community and/or city.
- Commit to participate actively and fully in every NLDP program session, including the sharing of pertinent information. NLDP has a 100% attendance policy. Please review the curriculum schedule dates thoroughly to confirm your availability.
- Commit to meeting with their assigned Program Coach in-between NLDP program sessions.
- Commit to exploring new solutions for making neighborhood progress and accept NLDP’s invitation and opportunity for self-reflection through the leadership coaching services offered to all NLDP participants.
- Are ready to move forward with an existing project or idea that improves their neighborhood and recognizes the potential benefits of NLDP to them and their work.
- Agree to attend a half-day Racial Equity Training workshop during the course of the program before NLDP Session 11 which takes place in March of 2022.
Applications are due no later than 9:00 pm on Sunday August 15, 2021.
Selected applicants will be invited to an interview to further discuss their interest in becoming a participant in Cohort XIV. All applicants must attend an interview in order to be eligible for selection. NLDP attempts to provide an opportunity for all applicants to interview. If you have questions about NLDP, visit www.nldpcleveland.com or call 216-776-6167.
Applications will be evaluated based upon an applicant’s demonstrated degree of dedication to improving Cleveland neighborhoods, a clear indication of their passion for an existing community improvement project or idea, and whether they show a willingness to learn and have an openness to further developing their leadership skills. Applications must be complete and accurate to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
NLDP strongly recommends that all applicants review both the curriculum dates and topics before applying. The curriculum can be found at www.nldpcleveland.com or you may contact the NLDP office for a copy.
NLDP will meet or exceed all COVID-19 State of Ohio health guidelines in place at the time that Cohort XIV convenes and expects all persons associated with NLDP to adhere to the protocols.
Cohort XIV Application Period: May 5, 2021 – August 15, 2021
NLDP Cohort XlV - Application